Orangeville, ON (James Doan) You may find it difficult writing blog post after blog post to meet a schedule. There is more to it than getting an idea from your reading, then putting it on paper using some sort of formula.
Your writing process should be like this:
- Get an idea and let it simmer for days or weeks.
- Wait for an insight on how to tackle the idea.
- Sometimes do more research before beginning.
- Write a draft. Write in your own style. Don’t use any formulas.
- Check the word count.
- Put the draft aside for hours or days.
- Edit it. Rearrange words for better effect and sometimes make bigger changes.
- Proofread, checking the spelling of proper names, the accuracy of facts cited.
Be careful of the usage of unusual words. Keep an eye on the total word count.
- Verify any links.
- Add your accompanying promotion.
Write about subjects that are important to your audience. Use a direct, punchy writing style. Use short sentences and clear vocabulary. Drop empty adjectives.