Waterloo, ON (PRNewswire) OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX), (TSX: OTEX), today announced the OpenText™ Developer Cloud, a new cloud platform for application development based on OpenText information management services. OpenText provides a platform for developers to create custom solutions to manage information, building a community of innovators that can create better enterprise applications.
“The OpenText Developer Cloud provides access to world class APIs and tools, allowing developers to build information management solutions for today’s biggest challenges,” said OpenText Chief Product Officer Muhi Majzoub. “This is a new way to use OpenText services to build something unique.”
Developers now have access to wide collection of OpenText services that can be grouped into eight categories:
- Capture & Digitize: Allows for automated processes that greatly reduces or eliminates data entry errors
- Store & Manage: Allows for Content Services managing application critical information
- Analyze, Report: Allows for highly interactive analytics functionality to be seamlessly embedded into your solutions
- Process & Automate: Allows for the transition from manual business processes to be automated and driven by critical data points
- Search & Discover: Allows for powerful insight into your customers’ data landscape which can be used to freeze assets or dispose of liability
- Integrate & Access: Allows for reliable access between apps and data sources
- View & Communicate: Allows for customized creation and publication of content tailored to the targeted audience
- Protect & Secure: Allows for information and end-point security to ensure ultimate privacy, compliance, and governance controls
OpenText will continue to bring additional services from across the OpenText portfolio as the Developer Cloud evolves.
“OpenText Developer Cloud is a set of services designed, delivered, and operated by trusted OpenText experts and partners,” said Brian DeWyer, CTO and Co-founder, Reveille Software, Inc. “With OpenText Developer Cloud, modern REST API interfaces are matched with industrial strength content services to rapidly enable the creation of web or desktop Information Management apps, allowing customers and partners to place and process content where it makes sense.”
The Developer Cloud is available now as part of the OpenText CE 20.4 launch, announced today at OpenText World 2020. Existing customers and partners can register for a demonstration account on the OpenText Cloud Platform at https://developer.opentext.com/. Developers new to OpenText can also quickly sign up for a trial account that provides full access to test APIs.
OpenText, The Information Company™, enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions, on-premises or in the cloud. For more information about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTEX) visit www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText’s assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText’s Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright © 2020 OpenText. All rights reserved. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of OpenText. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks. Registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of OpenText or other respective owners.
SOURCE Open Text Corporation