Orangeville, ON (My Corner Office) The global branding firm Forsman & Bodenfors has issued a useful analysis of eight significant cultural shifts sparked by the COVID-19 pandemic. As you read, think about how each factor might affect the impact of your marketing messages.
- Frugality vs. consumption: People want things to last longer but also want to fill a void in their lives.
- Meaningfulness: With so much closed down, we’re confused about how to fill our days.
- Tech matters: Users appreciate high-tech solutions that truly connect us.
- Business practices spotlight: Do companies support the causes that folks care about right now?
- Agenda: Which businesses have the best interest of the public in mind, and which only focus on making a buck?
- Community: For many, there’s keen interest in supporting those around them.
- Relationships: We’re re-testing friendships, marriages, and more.
- Self-care: Isolation spurs self-improvement, joy and a search for wellness.
The full report, a free download available at the link below, includes examples of campaigns from brands like Volvo, Seagram’s, Tinder, Lego and eBay addressing those themes.
The PDF is available at: