Orangeville, ON (My Corner Office) Looking for ways to keep craft time with your children simple and fun? If so, put some of the following suggestions to use.
- Find the craft the kids want to make, and then make a list of all the supplies you will need to make the craft.
- If you do not have everything on hand, add the supplies you need to your shopping list, so you will not forget them.
- Put a plastic table cloth down where you will be crafting.
- Have all supplies laid out before you announce craft time to your kids.
- Use non-toxic paints, glues, etc.
- Have wet wipes and paper towels handy for spills.
- Always try to have extra supplies in case you lose or tear something.
- Let them wear old clothes, so you will not stress out over ruining what they are wearing.
- Show the kids how to do the craft, but let them do it in their own way. If you insist on it being perfect, then you might as well do the craft yourself. Then you can forget about having craft time with the kids. It also makes the children think that everything has to be perfect and that their best is not good enough. Sometimes little hands need help, but you know you have gone too far when you are the only one left at the craft table.
- Have fun! Don’t worry about a little paint on their hands & faces, take pictures instead.
Try these suggestions for a stress-free craft time with your children. Show them how to have fun. They will learn how to be stressed out way too soon anyway.