Orangeville, ON (Jason Mead) We all have days when we’re down, worn out, and just don’t feel like ourselves.
You need days like this to know when you’re happy, otherwise how would you know? There has to be something to contrast happiness with. There’s no white without black.
It’s okay to be sad sometimes, but let’s make it a small part of life.
Now that that’s out of the way, here are some tips to make you feel better when you’re feeling blue. Just practice them every day and you’ll feel better!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of what we’re like inside. Reality is just what you see. Take advantage of this. Realize that you can change your perception whenever you feel depressed.
Using these tips will lift your spirits, but don’t use them only when you’re down. Keep them in your routine. Your rainy days will be kept away by these simple exercises.
Lastly, if you are struggling with deep depression, please see a doctor. Don’t take any chances with your life.