Orangeville, ON (My Corner Office) Audiences continue to consume audio content in increasing numbers.
- People now listen to podcasts in more than 50 percent of US households.
- 80 percent of podcast listeners listen to all or most of each episode.
- Podcast listeners are more active on social media than non-listeners.
- Nearly 46 percent of Americans aged 12 or older have listened to an audiobook in the past six months.
- As for spoken-word audio in general, which includes news articles, sports, podcasts and audiobooks, 75 percent of all Americans now listen each month.
According to a report published by Business2Community.com, audio is appreciated by consumers because of its intimate nature; these individuals find audio to be fresher, more relatable, more convenient, and conducive to self-improvement than other media.
You should remember that whether you participate in this trend as an individual has little relevance as to whether or not your audio content will be of value to listeners.
In order to produce audio content, you do not need much equipment, just a high-quality microphone, free software (for instance, Audacity) and an atmosphere free from distracting background noises.